Monday, April 14, 2014

DIY Spring wreath



My mom is moving tomorrow, she just bought a new townhouse. I'm helping her move, but wanted to give her a little housewarming gift. I made this wreath with her favorite flowers, hydrangeas, and her favorite colors. I hope she likes it!!

I made the burlap wreath awhile back, used it for St. Patty's day.  For mom's wreath, I added the bright green burlap ribbon. Since the regular burlap was already woven into the slats of the wire frame ( pretty damn tightly, I must say), I decided to just tie the green burlap ribbon on with some green twine-yea, green. Some I picked up in a little 3-pack from the dollar store "just in case" I might need it. 


In this picture you can see the long green twine tails hanging over the sides, I learned the hard way that tying twine is easier with longer pieces, so I just go back and cut the ends off so they can't be seen. 


I had these huge hydrangea flowers I'd used in a vase last summer, I just chose 1 of each color and used them on the wreath, along with the leaves. 


I cut the stems off leaving only an inch or so on each bloom, the leaves slid off the stems.  Then I arranged them how I wanted and started gluing them on with my glue gun. 

Love how it turned out!


The colors match her home and decor perfectly!  










No comments:

Post a Comment