Monday, March 17, 2014

Homemade facial toner

More of my "make your own"!!  After making and using my make up remover (see separate post), I decided to try a facial toner as well. I mean, why not, right?  

For the toner, I used witch hazel, lemon juice, and lavender essential oil. 


I had all but the witch hazel on hand, so that made this a no-brainer. 

Mix 2 parts witch hazel with 1 part lemon juice and enough essential oil to give the fragrance you want. 



For me, the cost was almost nothing. I bought a 6oz bottle to witch hazel at the dollar stor and used about 2oz of it. 


So my nighttime routine has become remove make up using my homemade make up remover, tone and tighten with my homemade toner and moisturize with plain virgin coconut oil. My skin hasn't looked or felt this good in years. At 44 years old, that's quite an accomplishment. 

Have you made any of your own beauty products?  I'd love to hear about them!

I'm thinking maybe make my own body wash next...

No comments:

Post a Comment