Monday, March 17, 2014

Homemade make up remover

I've been on a "make my own" kick for awhile now. Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to finding ideas, recipes, etc. after seeing several pins about make your own makeup remover, I decided to give it a try. My oh my how simple-and CHEAP!!!

Ingredients:

Oil- I used fractionated coconut oil (you can use olive, oil, baby oil, or really whatever you have on hand that isn't too heavy)
Baby shampoo
Water
Small bottle to put it in



Seriously, that's it!

I mixed up 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and a tablespoon of baby shampoo, poured it in a bottle, and there you have it. 


I've been using it, along with my homemade toner (see separate post) for a couple of weeks now, and I love it.  It really removes my makeup, including my waterproof eyeliner and mascara, wonderfully. I'll never go back to store bought, well never is such a strong word, but as long as I have access to the ingredients I see no reason to buy the stuff ever again. 

Cost breakdown:

Fractionated coconut oil-$12 for a 16oz bottle, used 2oz-$2.60
Baby shampoo-$1 for a 10oz bottle, used .5oz-$.05
Water-$0
Small bottle-$.50 (bought a 2-pack at the dollar store)

Total-$3.15

While you might be able to find some in the store for this price with coupons etc, keep in mind, I won't have to buy any of these ingredients for quite a while now, so my next several batches will be completely free!

No comments:

Post a Comment